Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Healthy Version Lasagna


Almost everybody can make a lasagna dish. The recipe on the lasagna box is also a convenient one. The common shortcoming of those recipes is lack of fiber, if not fiber less, but very rich in cheese and meat. Today, I tried to make a healthy version without compromising the great and rich taste. To do so, I added a bunch of finely chopped spinach and a head of broccoli. It turned out great. In my opinion, it is the best lasagna I have ever had.

For my my own record,
Main ingredients are:
1 lb of mild Italian sausage
1 can of crushed Italian tomato
1 jar of favorite pasta sauce
1 lb of Ricotta cheese
1 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 bunch of spinach
1 head of broccoli
no salt used besides those already contained in the pasta sauce and cheese!

Layering:
meat sauce-Lasagna-Ricotta-Mozzarella-Parsley,
repeat meat sauce-Lasagna-Ricotta-Mozzarella-Parsley,
finally, meat sauce--Ricotta-Mozzarella-grated Parmesan cheese

Covered with foil, bake at 375F for 25mins. Remove foil, bake another 25mins. Cool for 15mins before serving.

Fresh out of the oven:

No comments: