Monday, August 24, 2009

My first real sewing project

I got this Viking Sewing Machine almost 2 years ago as a Christmas gift from Hubby. I rarely used it. The first experiment on it was a square blanket I made for my baby daughter. It is still not complete done today, shelved in the closet for over a year.

This weekend, I have a baby shower to go. My sewing gene became active, so I went to Joann Fabric and bought a lot of flannel fabric. I decided to make 4 receiving blankets, 4 burp clothes and a Boppy cover.

Since Sunday afternoon was the only half day I had before the shower, I had to battle with Audrey's interference constantly. I even switched on the DVD to baby-sit her, but I got too much attention from her while struggling with the sewing machine.

To be honest, I got frustrated a few times while sewing because it turned out not to be as easy as it looked. On top of that, I had to learn again how to operate the sewing machine. The Manuel helped me a lot.

I did not have time to take pictures while working on them. Immediately after done, I wrapped them away before I remembered to take some pictures. So here are the only pictures of the finished products. Perhaps, one can only see the stitches.

Two-sided burp cloth:

Right side of the receiving blanket:

Back of the blanket:

No comments: