Friday, March 13, 2009

Simple Christmas Cookie


This was the first time that I baked Christmas cookies, which was 2007 Christmas eve when I became a Mother just a month ago.

With the arrival of a kid, I started looking at the life far ahead of me. One day, my daughter will come home from school and throw a task at me: "Mum, I need to bring this that cookies to school tomorrow for this that party". I am not worrying for nothing. I just know that day will come. So, I'd better be prepared for its coming in advance. I should start practicing making all sorts of cookies NOW. After all, I don't want my kids to be humiliated at school just because their Chinese mother can not make cookies. Sayings also goes "Practice makes perfect".

Plain Cookies:

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and dry ingredients. Add the milk last.
3. Roll out to 1/4'' thick. Shape with cookie cutter.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes.

Chocolate Cookies:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 egg

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Mix dry ingredients ans set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar, beat in the egg. Gradually stir the dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
4. Roll out to 1/4'' thick. Shape with cookie cutter.
5. Bake 8 minutes.

No comments: