Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rosemary Bread Sticks




Rosemary bread sticks always seemed beyond my kitchen skills until one day I saw a friend's post about how to make them. Here am I! I made my own. They were delicious! My hubby ate a dozen while he was brewing beer.

Rosemary Bread Stick Recipe

Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter
2 1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1 tbsp fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dry
1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic

Directions:
1. Mix flour, cheese, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl. Stir in milk till just moist.
2. Turn dough on a lightly floured board, knead till smooth.
3. Roll dough into 12X6 inch rectangle. Cut into strips about 1.5 inch wide.
4. Twist each strip 5~6 times, then arrange them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5. Stir rosemary and garlic into melted butter in a small cup. Brush the mixture onto strips.
6. Bake in a preheated oven 400F for 15~20 minutes or till pale brown.

No comments: