One word to describe this bread: yuuummmy!
We are banana lovers. Even though, bananas we bought the other week were beyond our appetite on snacking them. We literally had some 15 pounds bananas hanging in the basement. Thus, a banana bread became the perfect way to consume the over stock.
Banana Bread Recipe:
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (I used 6, mashed in a big measure cup with fork, left some big chunks for texture)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In the Kitchen Aid Artisan bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, then mashed bananas until well blended.
4. Add flour mixture to the banana mix, stir just to moisten. Pour batter in the loaf pan. Slash the top with a sharp knife if desired.
5. Bake for 60-65 mins, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
6. Let bread rest in the pan for 10mins, hen turn out onto a wire rack.
9 months ago